We are Honored!
Rappahannock Community College (RCC) was one of several academic institutions recently recognized at the ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge third biennial awards ceremony. The ceremony honored select higher education institutions, educators, and students for their extraordinary work in student voter engagement during the 2020 presidential election.
RCC received several awards in the category for 2-year institutions in Virginia: Highest Voter Registration, Highest Voter Turnout, and the Most Improved Voter Turnout for nonpartisan student voter participation efforts in the State Challenges. The awards were presented during the Campus Voting Challenge Awards Ceremony for State Challenges as part of the Virginia Campus Voting Challenge. There are currently 19 states participating in the ALL IN State Voting challenges, encompassing more than 426 institutions enrolling 4.3 million students. Read more at: https://www.rappahannock.edu/all-in-democracy-challenge-winner
Why Vote? Your Vote is Your Voice!
The ALL IN Campus Democracy Challenge empowers colleges and universities to achieve excellence in nonpartisan student democratic engagement. We believe that a strong, vibrant, and more representative American democracy will result from the greater inclusion of informed college student voters.
Voting in local, state and national elections is one of the most important duties of an engaged citizen. Your vote is your voice! Civic participation is central to Rappahannock Community College’s mission to developing citizen leaders. Please take a few minutes to review the RCC Voting webpage in order find out the how, the when and the where of voting!
Make your voice heard. Every vote counts.
Now that you’re registered to vote, are you ready? Join RCC in taking the ALL IN Campus Democracy Pledge to vote on November 2. Student Ambassador Joe’ll Pollard shows you how easy it is in this step-by-step video.
- Friday, September 17, 2021: First day of in-person early voting at local voter registration office
- Tuesday, September 28, 2021: National Voters Registration Day – Celebrated on the fourth Tuesday
- Tuesday, October 12, 2021: Deadline to register to vote, or update an existing registration
- Wednesday, October 20, 2021: 7:00 p.m. Public Forum with Brenda Andersen-Diggs, candidate for Essex County School Board via Zoom. Missed the live forum? Watch it at Brenda Andersen-Diggs Forum recording
- Friday, October 22 2021: Deadline to apply for a ballot to be mailed to you. Request must be received by local voter registration office by 5:00 p.m.
- Voter registration offices open Saturday, October 23, 2021 and October 30, 2021 for early voting.
- Tuesday, October 26, 2021: RCC’s ALL IN Campus Democracy team invites you to hear from Ronnie Sidney II, LCSW, candidate for Essex County Board of Supervisors. Tuesday, October 26 at 7 PM via Zoom.
Join Zoom Meeting: https://vccs.zoom.us/j/84194598613 Meeting ID: 841 9459 8613Dial by your location: +1 301 715 8592 US Meeting ID: 841 9459 8613
- Saturday, October 30, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. Last day of in-person early voting at local voter registration office
- Tuesday, November 2, 2021: Election Day (RCC closed)
National Voter Registration Day EventTuesday, September 28, 12:30Guest Speaker Lorrie Gump, Director of Elections for King George CountyJoin the Zoom: https://vccs.zoom.us/j/82141322140Join us this Tuesday to learn more about the voting process for the upcoming November election with Lorrie Gump and RCC’s All IN Democracy team!
Take the All IN Pledge
Studies show that you’re more likely to complete an action if you’ve already made a public commitment to it. That’s why we built this pledge — as a way for you (and your friends and family!) to maintain accountability when it comes to voting.
Not only does voting help your community, but pledging to vote helps your school, too. By making this pledge, you promise yourself to vote on Election Day!
First-Time Voters Checklist
Check if you need an ID to Vote
Some states require you bring your ID to vote. See if your state requires an ID here.
Not 18 Yet?
Want to know more? Contact any of our All IN committee members:
Click here to add your own text