Remote Area Medical — RAM
November 4-5, 2017 at Richmond County Elementary School
If you need medical, dental or vision care, or if you know someone who does, please plan to attend the Remote Area Medical (RAM) event, coming to the Richmond County Elementary School this November. Hosted by the Health Sciences department at Rappahannock Community College, the RAM Virginia team will set-up and coordinate free service for the uninsured, under-insured, and those who cannot afford health care by volunteer nurses, doctors, dentists, optometrists, and other trained health professionals.
- Tickets will be given out at 3 a.m. Registration will begin at 6 a.m. each day
- First come, first served basis
- No pets allowed (service animals only)
- Tobacco Free Event
- No pain medicine prescriptions will be issued
- Google Map directions to Richmond County Elementary School
RAM will feature the following dental-related treatments:
- Tooth Removal
RAM will feature the following vision-related services:
- Eye Exams
- Diabetic Retinopathy Screening
- Glasses Prescriptions
- Glasses Made On Site
- Fast Track To Eye Glasses
Bring your current eye glass prescription, within one year, to avoid the wait for an eye exam at RAM.
Medicare/Medicaid patients may be eligible for free/reduced eye exam with local eye professional, then bring your prescription and have your glasses made.
Medical Care And Education
RAM will feature the following medical care-related exams and educational opportunities:
- Diabetes Screenings And Education
- Physical Exams
- Specialist Exams
- Pediatric Exams
- Breast Exams
- HIV Screening And Education
- Cancer Prevention Education
- Medication Disposal System And Emergency Preparedness Education
- Healthy Start And Resource Mothers Education
Video from RAM 2015:
RCC RAM Team
For more details or for if you have questions about the event, please fill out our contact form.