King George Site
Rappahannock Community College King George Site is conveniently located inside of King George High School. With a full schedule of courses offered onsite in the evening, you can earn your Associate Degree close to home! The KG Site has a testing center and computer lab available for students to use by appointment.
King George Site staff would like to welcome Preston Newman as a new work study student. Preston will work with the KG Staff to develop a series of activities for the students attending classes at the site. He will also provide assistance with the daily operations of the KG Site: setting up the testing center, classrooms and labs, greeting students, addressing questions and providing information about student resources at RCC. The KG Staff are excited to have Preston working at the site!
Testing Center Information and Appointments
King George Testing Center Information
The King George Testing Center is open on Tuesdays and Thursdays by appointment only.
Appointment time slots:
· 4:15 pm – 6:15 pm
· 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm
To schedule an appointment: · Send an email: KGtesting@rappahannock.edu
· Call Warsaw Campus Testing Center: 804-333-6834
· After 3:00 pm, call the King George Site: 540-775-0087
o Whether sending an email or calling please provide the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Student ID number
- Course name and number
- Instructor name
- Test name
Please call as early as possible to schedule your appointment as testing slots are limited.
Student Activities and Events
Click the link below to enroll in the Student Services & Activities tile on Canvas. This canvas tile will keep you updated on events at the King George Site, as well as the Warsaw and Glenns campuses. You will also find helpful resources and information.
Safety Protocol and COVID-19 Information
At the King George Site, we adhere to all RCC Safety Policies as well as the COVID-19 procedures established by RCC and King George High School as detailed below. For more information, please refer to the RCC COVID-19
The King George Site follows both the RCC and King George High School policies for closing due to inclement weather. If either RCC or KGHS closes due to inclement weather, the KG Site will close. Announcements will be posted on RCC website and sent through the RCC Alert system. Sign up for RCC Alert to receive important notifications
Guidelines for Entering and Navigating RCC – King George Site
The following requirements must be adhered to in order to have access to College facilities at the RCC King George Site:
- At the beginning of the semester, students must sign and return a Student Health Safety Agreement prior to entering an RCC facility *(Section 5.3)
- At the beginning of the semester, employees must sign and return a Faculty and Staff Health Safety Agreement prior to entering an RCC facility *(Section 12.2)
- Prior to arrival at an RCC facility each day, students and employees must perform a self-screening assessment; only come to an RCC facility if you are free of COVID-19 symptoms *(Section 5.2.)
- Individuals must arrive with and wear a face covering in the building; a face covering must be worn at all times while in an RCC facility *(Section5.1.)
- Social distancing is practiced at all times within RCC facilities – always maintain a distance of 6 feet from others *(Section 5.4.)
- Appointments are required for all in person visits other than attendance to a scheduled class.
- Students will enter and exit only through the designated RCC side door entrance. A welcome desk will be located at the top of the stairs where students will be required to check in and out of the building. Students will only be allowed in designated areas.
- Temperature checks and COVID symptom screening questions are required to enter site.
COVID Screening Question
1. Have you had a positive test for COVID-19 disease within the past 10 days?
2. In the past 14 days, have you had close contact with someone suspected or confirmed COVID-19?
3. Have you developed any symptoms that cannot be attributed to another health condition?
- Signs will be posted at the entry door, outside the office, on any room with student access, and at the welcome desk listing the King George Site rules.
- Access to the Testing Centers and computer lab will be by appointment only. Once a student has completed use of a computer, it will be wiped down with available disinfectant wipes designated for electronic equipment. Also, hard surfaces in the area occupied by the student will be wiped down.
- In order to facilitate social distancing, capacity in restrooms will be reduced by limiting access to the bathroom adjacent to the testing center.
- Increased cleaning and disinfection protocols to include frequently-touched surfaces used by King George Site students. King George Staff will wipe down all surfaces at the end of each day.
- Masks will be available for students who arrive on site without one, hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes will be available in each room utilized.
- Appropriate distancing between computers and desk space with be clearly marked in each room used.
King George Community Resources
Important Contact Information
- National Suicide Prevention Hotline:1(800) 273-8255
- King George County Sherriff’s Office –non-emergency number:(540) 775-2049
- Dedicated to education, recovery, treatment, and wellness of residents affected by mental health and substance use disorders and developmental disabilities – King George, Stafford, Spotsylvania, Fredericksburg, and Caroline
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8am-7pm
- Address: 8479 St. Anthony’s Rd. King George, VA 22443
- Contact Information: (540) 775-9879
- Important Information: Emergency Services Therapists are available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year to help individuals experiencing a mental health crisis. King George County emergency services number: (540) 775-5064
- For more information check out the RACSB Website
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Address: 8097 Kings Hwy King George, VA 22485
- ContactInformation: (540) 775-3111
- Important Information: All services now require an appointment. Patients are not limited to the health department in their locality and may access clinical services at any of the locations.
- For more information call the number listed or visit the King George County Health Department Website
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-8pm; Saturday-Sunday 8am-4pm
- Address: 11131 Journal Parkway, Suite A King George, VA 22485
- ContactInformation: (540) 741-6982
- ImportantInformation: No appointment necessary. Most insurances accepted. Free parking. Receive immediate care for illnesses and injuries, such as colds, flu, rashes, and fractures, for patients age two and older. Now offering COVID-19 testing
- For more information visit the Mary Washington Healthcare Website
CenterCare Urgent Care – 2 King George Locations
- 1st Address: 7967 Kings Hwy King George, VA 22485
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-7pm; Sat-Sun 8am-4pm
- ContactInformation: (540) 414-6120
- 2nd Address: 15521 Real Estate Av. King George, VA 22485
- Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-7pm; Sat-Sun 9am-5pm
- ContactInformation: (540) 289-2273
- Clinic provides patients with treatment of a variety of illnesses & injuries such as asthma, infections, fever, fractures, pain, etc.. However, patients with real emergencies and life-threatening conditions should be immediately rushed to the emergency room
- For more information visit the CenterCare Website
- Hours: Every third Sunday from 2-4pm
- Location: Love Thy Neighbor’s building, The Cottage, is on Route 301 (just north of the Hillcrest Motel). Look for the Bingo sign (we share the building)
- Address: 5769 James Madison Parkway, King George, VA
- Contact Information: You can contact LTN by filling out this from online: LTN Contact Form
- COVID-19 Information: Please maintain social distancing and wear a face mask when in the building. Love Thy Neighbor volunteers will limit the crowd size and keep their hands sanitized.
- Keep updated with any changes on the Love Thy Neighbor Websiteor by following the Love Thy Neighbor Facebook page
- Hours: Thursdays from 10am-1pm
- Location: Corner of Millbank Road and St Anthony’s Road
- Address: 10299 Millbank Rd, King George, VA 22485
- Contact Information:(540) 848-4785
- Important Information:Everyone is welcome to come. Pull up to the side of the parish center, near the kitchen door and someone will load your car for you. Fresh produce and canned goods are available for pickup.
- Hours: Monday-Thursday 8am-5pm
- Address: 3631 Lee Hill Dr. Fredericksburg, VA 22408
- Contact Information: (540) 371-7666
- Important Information: The food bank serves King George, Fredericksburg, Stafford, Spotsylvania, and Caroline counties. Contact them for information on food banks near you
- For more information check out the Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank Website
Mobile Food Pantry:
- Fredericksburg Regional Food Bank offers multiple locations for a mobile food pantry in King George and Colonial Beach. Availability varies based on location. Please see their website for specific information and the closest location for you.
RCC Food Pantry
The RCC food pantry is well stocked with canned goods, frozen meats, fresh produce and personal care items. If you are an RCC student or faculty/staff member in need of these items please reach out to us at the King George Site. We will provide you with the information to make sure you receive food from the RCC food pantry.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call the King George Site at 540-775-0087 for more information about the food pantry.
Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault:
- Supports survivors of domestic violence
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Address: 10445 Government Center Boulevard King George, VA 22485; in the King George Sherriff’s Office
- ContactInformation: (540) 373-9373; email@example.com
- Important Information: Empower House offers free confidential assistance and information 24-hours a day. To talk with a representative on the hotline, call (540) 373-9373
- For more information check out the Empower House Website
- Sexual Violence support, treatment, and advocacy
- Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
- Address: 615 Jefferson Davis Hwy Suite 201 Fredericksburg, VA 22401
- ContactInformation: (540) 371-6771; firstname.lastname@example.org
- ImportantInformation: the crisis hotline is available 24-hours a day, seven days a week for crisis intervention. Trained volunteers and staff treat callers with empathy and compassion and provide referrals for community resources and services. To talk with a representative on the hotline, call (540) 371-1666
- For more information, check out the RCASA Websiteor make an appointment here
Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence Action Alliance
- For the Virginia statewide hotline, call 1(800) 838-8238 or text (804) 793-9999
- You deserve safety and support. Whether someone has hurt you in the past or is hurting you now, they are here to listen and to help.
- If you are a friend, family member, or professional wondering how to help someone, or just want to know more about sexual assault, stalking, controlling behavior, or intimate partner violence…call the hotline.
- They will listen, offer support, and connect you to resources in your area.
- Confidential. 24 hours a day
For the LGBTQ Partner Abuse and Sexual Assault Helpline, call 1(866) 356-6998 or text (804) 793-9999
The LGBTQ Partner Abuse and Sexual Assault Helpline provides a free and confidential telephone service for lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and queer or questioning callers looking for information or help regarding intimate partner abuse, sexual assault, and stalking.
Free. Confidential. 24 hours a day.
For an updated directory of more Virginia agencies, click the following link: Virginia Sexual and Domestic Violence
- Hours: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
- Address: Village Center Shopping Center, 10069 Kings Hwy King George, VA 22485
- ContactInformation: (540) 775-3544
- If you or someone you know is in need of assistance please call the above number or visit the King George County Department of Social Services Websitefor more information.
Fredericksburg Counseling Services
- Offers Free counseling services in Fredericksburg, VA
King George County Voter Registration
- Visit the King George County Website for more information on registering to vote
- Visit this website for COVID-19 Virginia specific resources through the Department of Social Services https://covid.virginia.gov/
- Visit this website to apply for unemployment benefits in Virginia http://www.vec.virginia.gov/
- Visit this website for resources in helping young children cope with the challenges that might occur during COVID-19 https://challengingbehavior.cbcs.usf.edu/emergency/