RCC Security Statement
Rappahannock Community College is committed to the protection of its Information Technology Systems and the data that is stored on these systems from compromises of their confidentiality, integrity, and availability. RCC uses industry best practices and equipment including: access control mechanisms, strong encryption, firewalls, Intrusion prevention systems, antivirus, anti spam, and anti malware protection and other security measures such as auditing and logging access to its sensitive systems, and ensuring physical security of sensitive systems.
Creating Your Password
Your username and password are required to access online college services. If you are a current user of Blackboard or Student email, use your current password.
If you have not logged in for several months, your password may have expired and will need to be reset. You can reset your password through the myRCC single login area under Forgot your password? Reset your password.
If you have problems setting your password, you should contact your college by going to RCChelp@rappahannock.edu.
Setting Up Your Password
New password must have at least 8 characters and not more than 32. Your password must contain a combination of:
- At least one UPPERCASE letter
- At least one lowercase letter
- At least one number (0-9)
- At least one special character (i.e. ! @ # $ %)
To help protect your account, make sure that your password is memorable for you, but difficult for others to guess.
- Do not share your password with anyone
- Never use the same password that you’ve used in the past
After setting up your account for the first time you will need to provide a series of 5 security questions and answers that only you will know. This question will be used when you need to reset your password in the future. It is best to provide simple but memorable responses. Keep in mind that the answer is case sensitive. You will be asked 3 of the 5 at random.
Security Question Help:
- Make the question relevant to you – you will need to remember the answer
- Make the answers Simple, memorable to you but difficult for someone else to guess.
- Questions and Answers must be at least 5 characters long.
- In what city were you born?
- What is the name of your favorite pet?
- What is the model of your favorite car?
- What is your mother’s maiden name?
- What is the high school you last attended?