Students, faculty, and staff can access all their online services through a portal called myRCC. This portal provides single logon access to the SIS as well as Blackboard, Student Email and Google Apps. With the self-service features students can update directory information and manage passwords.
- What is myRCC [pdf] | myRCC New User Procedure [PDF]
- Password Recovery | Advanced Password Reset Tool [PDF]
- Security Question Help [PDF] | Guide to Updating your User Information [PDF]
As soon as a student is admitted to Rappahannock Community College, various accounts for system access are established.
- Each student will be provided an EMPLID #, a seven digit number used by the Student Information System (SIS) to uniquely identify each person. For security purposes, we do not use social security numbers as our primary identifier. An example might be 0102030.
- Each student will be provided a unique Blackboard/Gmail username. It is normally a short series of letters including your initials and a series of numbers. An example might be abc123. This username provides access to Blackboard (Bb) and Gmail. Temporary Passwords are created and displayed at the completion of the application process. To log in, go to the top, left-hand corner of any RCC web page and click on “myRCC.” You may also request a password reset by clicking the Forgot Password link on the myRCC page.
- The first time myRCC is used, a NEW password must be established. The system will direct you through a few short steps and then access to Bb, SIS and Gmail will be provided.
How do I login?
- Go to https://rcc.my.vccs.edu.
- Enter your username.
- Enter your password.
- Click the Log In button.
You can now access all your college services.
To view a short tutorial on how to use the myRCC portal, click here.
What if the myRCC website is down?
If you can’t get the myRCC single sign-on to open from the RCC website, you can log in to the individual resources by going to the direct link. This is only suggested if the website is not available.
- Blackboard (https://learn.vccs.edu) – use the same username and password you currently use to get into myRCC
- VCCS Student Information System (SIS) – use your EMPLID (student #) to login to the direct link for SIS and the same password you currently use for myRCC.
What is my username?
If you have previously used Blackboard or Student Email, you will use the same username. If you do not know your username, you can look it up using your EMPLID or social security number and other identifying information. Please Note: Your Username is not your Emplid!
- For user name and password assistance, please go to the VCCS Online Help System.
- Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of Username Help.
What is my password?
- Current and Former Students: If you have previously used Blackboard or Student Email, use your current password. How to Reset your Password [PDF].
- New Students: After completing the online application for admission, you will be given a temporary password that will be used to log in to myRCC. Within twenty-four hours of completing your application, you should be able to log in.
Students are required to change their password the first time they log in to myRCC. Your password is a secret phrase that you should not share with anyone; it protects the privacy and confidentiality of your personal information. Select a strong password that is easy for you to remember, but very difficult for someone else to guess.
After changing your password you will be required to provide five (5) security questions. When creating a security question, we strongly recommend using a question that has a one-word answer, simple for you to remember, difficult for someone else to guess. Answers are case-sensitive and must be at least 5 characters long.
- Need help changing your password? View password help.
- For password problems, please send an email to email@example.com with a subject line of “Password Help.”
What if I can’t remember my password?
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to have your password reset.