Canvas is RCC’s online learning management system for students. Students will be able to view course announcements, syllabi and assignments in Canvas.
Students may also communicate directly with their instructors or each other through a feature New to Canvas – the Inbox, which also ties-in with the VCCS Email system. Canvas has all new notification features beyond those used in Canvas – see tutorials below for details.
Supported Browsers: List of Canvas Supported Browsers (list on right of page)
Alternate Access URL: https://learn.vccs.edu/login/ldap
- Canvas courses may appear to students before the start of the academic semester but will not be open for work until the first day of the semester. Course materials may be confirmed ahead of time from the class listing on the Class Schedule.
- If your classes is not yet visible, you may double check your enrollment status in the Student Information System (SIS) under My Class Schedule. Enrollments are updated between SIS and Canvas daily. The instructor does need to publish the course before it becomes visible to students.
- The VCCS Systems office creates all Canvas accounts at the end of the day once you register for your first course. Register today and your account will be set up by tomorrow morning.
- General Introduction for Students
- How to Get Help in your Canvas Class
- Canvas Student Guides – Collection of general How-To documents from the student perspective
- Hoonuit Video Training – Short Videos on all aspects of the Canvas Student Experience (VCCS Login required).