Page under reconstruction Watch for this icon for updated materials.
What is it?
Blackboard Collaborate Ultra is a web conferencing system that is fully integrated into Blackboard Learn to allow students to interact with their instructor in real time. Many instructors in our distance learning program use this program to facilitate online office hours, but it lends itself to any synchronous online activity from help sessions to entire lectures.
This new version of Collaborate no longer requires a download and works entirely in your browser window. BUT not all browsers work equally. For this application please use only Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Collaborate Ultra Browser Support.See
To get started, please visit Blackboard Support – System Check.
Essentials for Participants (web guide)
- Navigate in Collaborate Ultra [PDF]
- Collaborating using Blackboard Collaborate (video)
- Cheat Sheet for Participants [PDF]
- Getting Started with Collaborate Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- Audio Setup Wizard [PDF]
- Introduction to the Participant Panel [PDF]
- Using the Audio and Video Panel [PDF]
- Using the Chat too [PDF]
- Using the Whiteboard [PDF]
- Intro to the Whiteboard (session recording)
- Using the Polling Feature [PDF]
- Using Web Tour [PDF]
- Intro to Web Tour
- Getting Started with Recordings [PDF]