What is it?
Blackboard Collaborate is a web conferencing system that is fully integrated into Blackboard Learn to allow students to interact with their instructor in real time. Many instructors in our distance learning program use this program to facilitate online office hours, but it lends itself to any synchronous online activity. If your instructor is using Collaborate, you will need to download and install some software prior to your first session. This is a one-time only download.
Essentials for Participants (web guide)
- Blackboard Collaborate Participant Orientation (video)
- Getting Started with Collaborate Quick Reference Guide [PDF]
- Audio Setup Wizard [PDF]
- Introduction to the Participant Panel [PDF]
- Using the Audio and Video Panel [PDF]
- Using the Chat too [PDF]
- Using the Whiteboard [PDF]
- Intro to the Whiteboard (session recording)
- Using the Polling Feature [PDF]
- Using Web Tour [PDF]
- Intro to Web Tour
- Getting Started with Recordings [PDF]