Blackboard Learn (or simply called Blackboard) is RCC’s online course management system for students. Students will be able to view course announcements, syllabi and assignments in the Blackboard system.
Students may also communicate directly with their instructors or each other through Blackboard’s discussion boards and tie-in with the VCCS Email system.
- Blackboard courses will not appear to students until made available by the instructor, typically on the first day of the semester. Course materials may be confirmed ahead of time from the class listing on the Class Schedule.
- If you are unsure if you are enrolled in classes yet, check in the Student Information System (SIS) under My Class Schedule. If you are enrolled there, you are enrolled. Student enrollments are updated from SIS to Blackboard approximately every 4 hours.
- The VCCS Systems office will not create a Blackboard account until you register for your first course. This process is done once daily. Register today and your Blackboard will be set up by tomorrow morning.
Instructors are required to make their courses available by the first day the class meets, although they may make their classes available sooner if they so choose. Your official enrollment is located in the SIS. If the course has started and you do not see the Blackboard course in your listing, please email the RCC Helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blackboard Login Problems
- If you can you log into myRCC but not Blackboard, try these tips.
- If myRCC does not seem to be working, try this direct link to Blackboard Login (https://learn.vccs.edu).
Collaborate is a web conferencing system that allows students to interact with their instructor in real time. Many instructors in our distance learning program use this program to facilitate online office hours, but it lends itself to any synchronous online activity. For detailed instructions on how to get started and use Collaborate, please visit Blackboard Collaboration.
If you still have not found what you are looking for, Contact the RCC Helpdesk.