The G3 Scholarship: A new way for students to get ahead in a career
G3 scholarships, in addition to other tuition assistance programs at RCC, allows students to take classes at no cost!
The G3 Scholarship is available to students who:
- Are adults (18+ and not enrolled in high school)
- Are domiciled Virginia residents
- Complete the Financial Aid Application
- Classify as Low- or Middle-Income
- Take a minimum of 6 Credits
- Make Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Enroll in a Healthcare, Information Technology, Manufacturing/Skilled Trades, Public Safety, or Early Childhood Education Program
Students are evaluated for G3 eligibility automatically, and do not have to apply.
In order to be considered for a G3 award students need to:
- Make sure their program of study is G3 eligible. While you can be in multiple G3 eligible programs, if you are in both a G3 eligible and a G3 ineligible program, you may not be awarded G3
- Submit your FAFSA and include the RCC school code 009160 on it. FAFSAs for the 2023-24 school year should be submitted by May 15th in order to make you eligible for the most aid possible. If you are taking classes during the summer of 2023, make sure you have done both a 2022-23 FAFSA to cover you for the summer of 2023 and a 2023-24 FAFSA to cover you for fall of 2023, spring of 2024, and summer of 2024.
RCC Navigators are ready to advise you on your next steps. Fill out the form and a College Navigator will be back in touch shortly. Or call 804-333-6730.
Some eligible areas of study include:
- Website design
- Industrial technology maintenance
- CNC milling and turning
- Law Enforcement
- Various health science concentrations including: certified nurse aide; medication aide; pharmacy technician; phlebotomy; EMS; and nursing
Click here to see a full list of G3 eligible programs.
Type in your interested area of study to get more info: