Contributions to the RCC Educational Foundation help break down the barriers our students face in completing a degree or certificate and improving the quality of life for themselves and their families.
- Donate by credit card
- Donate by check payable to “RCC EFI” and mailed to RCC EFI, PO Box 923, Warsaw, VA 22572. Attn: Brittany Jenkins.
- RCC employees only: Donate through the Payroll Deduction Form
- Donate cash, securities, real estate, personal property materials, equipment, and tangible services. Contact RCC Executive Director, Sarah Pope at email@example.com; 804-333-6705 for more information.
- Interested in establishing a student scholarship? Go to scholarship information page
You can name the RCC Educational Foundation as:
- a beneficiary of a trust
- a beneficiary of a life insurance policy
- a beneficiary of your IRA or other retirement plan
- a joint owner of your certificates of deposit
Skillful use of current or deferred charitable gift plans makes it possible to reduce the cost of passing property to others. Through creative planned gifts you may protect your own financial security and economic freedom, provide income for your survivors (securing their economic future), avoid probate, and receive significant tax benefits.
Life insurance provides an excellent vehicle for making a gift. Life insurance gifts can be made by contributing a current policy (which can be used for a charitable income tax deduction) or by purchasing a new policy. The donor can name RCC as beneficiary, or transfer total ownership of the policy and make deductible gifts to pay for premiums.
Tax laws encourage donations of meaningful gifts that at the same time continue to receive income from contributed assets. These gifts are known as charitable remainder trusts, gift annuities, and pooled income funds. These contributions can be structured to achieve the following personal goals:
- Provide a growing retirement income
- Act as a charitable IRA to build retirement savings
- Produce a fixed and guaranteed return in uncertain financial times
- Help send children or grandchildren to school or college
These gifts are called “deferred” because while they produce immediate tax saving and income benefits to the donor, the underlying assets are not available for charitable purposes until the trust ends.
Consult with your attorney or financial advisor for the various tax benefits and restrictions that may apply to your specific situation. We are always available to answer questions about planned gifts to the RCC Educational Foundation. Contact: Sarah Pope, RCC EFI Executive Director at 804-333-6705 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the Foundation
The RCC Educational Foundation, Inc. (RCC EFI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to supporting the mission of RCC to strengthen our community, transform lives, and inspire excellence. We support initiatives that develop students’ skills, confidence and employability, transforming their lives and the lives of their family members.
- RCC students through scholarships and program funds. For the 2019-20 academic year, over $500,000 in scholarships were awarded to students!
- Faculty & staff through professional development and program funds
- Lifelong Learners through the RILL program
- The larger RCC community by providing financial and partnership resources to meet strategic plan goals
RCC EFI is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors that represent the 12 counties that RCC serves. The Foundation is housed in the historic Chinn House on the Warsaw campus, and hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Click here for our 2019-2020 Biennial Report.