- Wordle – Create word clouds from word lists or even papers or publications.
- Google URL Shortener – Although not specifically a VCCS service – it is available for anyone from Google – it can be really useful. The only thing to keep in mind is that to use it, you make the resource publicly searchable (although not publicly accessible). For best results, log into myRCC, then Gmail first, then go here. This will allow you to save a list of all URLs you have associated with shortened addresses and keep track of how many people have used the shortened links.
- Accessing the VPN procedure– remote access to RCC network
- myPassword – Instructions on myPassword user profile setup [PDF]
Tanberg Content Service (TCS)
This is the lecture capture system built into our Interactive Video classrooms. For assistance in setting this up for your class, please contact the IT department at 804-333-36757 (Warsaw) or 804-758-6757 (Glenns) for assistance. Additionally you may also contact Timothy Hoffman (804-333-6786) or Kathy VanLandingham (804-333-6780) for assistance.
To access completed recordings click on or type this address into your browser address bar – http://126.96.36.199/tcs
- Accessing Google Apps– features available to faculty and staff through the myRCC student email account.
- Blackboard – https://learn.vccs.edu – direct link if myRCC portal is down. Login is the same as myRCC.
- VCCS Student Information System – direct link if myRCC portal is down. Login is your EMPLID and the same password used to gain access to myRCC.