Student Assistance & Intervention for Learning Success (SAILS) – Early Alert System
- SAILS College Training [PDF] – Explanation, description, demo, and more
- SAILS Email templates with business practices [PDF]
- Accessing SAILS: On-Campus Training [PDF]
Getting Started Guide for:
Students in distress
- Recognizing Students in Distress (eBook)
There are a variety of resources on-campus and in the community that can help you be an effective gatekeeper. Remember, you are not alone when it comes to helping a student in distress.
Campus Suicide Prevention Center of Virginia
This is a free resource to all Virginia colleges and universities provided by the Campus Suicide Prevention Center of Virginia, at The Institute for Innovation in Health and Human Services at James Madison University.
Capture and publish every element of a presentation – screenshots, lecture notes and powerpoint presentations with just one click.
- Click Here for Instructions on Installing the Panopto Recorder [PDF]
- Click here for Instructions on how to use the recording software (Video).
- Click here for Instructions on Enabling Panopto Download [PDF]
- Click here for Instructions on Embedding a Player in Blackboard [PDF]
- Click here for Instructions to Provision your Blackboard course with Panopto [PDF]*
- Additional Instructions to set up the Assignment Folder in Blackboard [PDF]
* Provision document includes optional How to set up the Assignment Folder in Panopto for student use.
To get access to create recordings, complete the Panopto user creation form:
Repository of video learning objects in various subjects. Videos can be connected or linked into your Blackboard course for students to view. If you are interested in using the videos for your course, please email Timothy Hoffman.
- Watch a short video tutorial on how to link your Intelecom Video to Blackboard .
- Logging in and incorporating Intelecom into Blackboard [PDF]
Collaboration & Conferencing
Web conferencing system that allows students to interact with their instructor in real time. Learn to do more with WebEx through the WebEx University. For more information about using WebEx, please contact Kristy Walker.
Collaborate is a web conferencing system that allows students to interact with their instructor in real time. Many instructors in our distance learning program use this program to facilitate online office hours, but it lends itself to any synchronous online activity – including online lectures or presentations. For more information and Instructor help resources, please see the Blackboard Collaborate page. Student help is available from our Help Desk site.
Training & Help
Atomic Learning helps you do more with the software you interact with on a daily basis. This online software training resource is like having a technology specialist at your side 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, wherever you happen to have internet access. The training sessions consist of short, easy-to-view tutorials that give you just-in-time answers to your “how do I… ” questions.
- More than 35,000 tutorial videos from more than 110 different applications make it likely you will find the help you need.
- Available 24/7 from any internet device
- New tutorials being released regularly
To access Atomic Learning there are two methods:
- This is a special link that will take you to your Atomic Learning, through myRCC.
- From with in Blackboard: look for the Atomic Learning module on the upper right of the RCC Tab. Click the Software and Technology Learning Resources link.
* NOTE: Atomic Learning is also available from inside all RCC classes as either an option on the Course Menu or in the Tools area.
As you can see, Atomic Learning is now fully integrated in Blackboard. If you would like to put in a short video tutorial to help your students with any topic – from formatting their papers and citations in a writing class to how to use more detailed functions in a technology class – you can do that with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- How to put Atomic Learning Tutorials in your Blackboard Course [PDF]
- Atomic Learning Tutorial: Using the Atomic Learning Tool in Blackboard
Before you ask, yes, there is an App for that. Find the app at the Apple App Store.
Higher Education Workshops
Check out the list of the various workshops offered through Atomic Learning – it is not just for technology applications!
Assistive Technology Application and Tutorial Directory
See all the various software tools or applications that Atomic Learning features in its videos.