Students in distress
- Recognizing Students in Distress (eBook – offsite link)
There are a variety of resources on-campus and in the community that can help you be an effective gatekeeper. Remember, you are not alone when it comes to helping a student in distress.
- Local Resources (offsite link)
Campus Suicide Prevention Center of Virginia (offsite Link)
This is a free resource to all Virginia colleges and universities provided by the Campus Suicide Prevention Center of Virginia, at The Institute for Innovation in Health and Human Services at James Madison University.
Capture and publish every element of a presentation – screenshots, lecture notes and powerpoint presentations with just one click.
- Click here for Instructions to Provision your Canvas course with Panopto [PDF]*
- Additional Instructions to set up the Assignment Folder in Canvas [PDF]
- Click Here for Instructions on Installing the Panopto Recorder [PDF]
- Click here for Instructions on how to use the recording software (Video).
- Click here for Instructions on Linking to your Panopto Videos [pdf]
- Click here for Instructions on Enabling Panopto Download [pdf]
- Click here for Instructions on Embedding a Player in Canvas [pdf]
- Click here to see how to Create Automated Closed Captioning for your Panopto videos. [PDF]
* Provision document includes optional How to set up the Assignment Folder in Panopto for student use.
To get access to create recordings, complete the Panopto user creation form:
Intelecom Videos (offsite link)
Repository of video learning objects in various subjects. Videos can be connected or linked into your Canvas course for students to view. If you are interested in using the videos for your course, please email Timothy Hoffman.
- Watch a short video tutorial on how to link your Intelecom Video to Canvas .
- Logging in and incorporating Intelecom into Canvas [PDF]
Collaboration & Conferencing
Zoom is a web conferencing system that allows students to interact with their instructor, and each other, in real time using Video and Audio over an internet connection. Many instructors use this program to facilitate online office hours, but it lends itself to any synchronous online activity – including online lectures, presentations or group discussions. This page will have Instructor help resources. Student help is available from our Help Desk site.
Training & Help
Hoonuit helps you do more with the software you interact with on a daily basis. This online software training resource is like having a technology specialist at your side 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, wherever you happen to have internet access. The training sessions consist of short, easy-to-view tutorials that give you just-in-time answers to your “how do I… ” questions.
- More than 35,000 tutorial videos from more than 110 different applications make it likely you will find the help you need.
- Available 24/7 from any internet device
- New tutorials being released regularly
To access HooNuit there are two methods:
- Hoonuit is available on the myRCC landing page
This is a special direct link that will take you to your Hoonuit, through myRCC.
- From with in Canvas: look for the Hoonuit / Atomic Learning module on the upper left of the RCC Tab.
* NOTE: Hoonuit is also available as a mashup and tool for all RCC classes.
As you can see, Hoonuit is fully integrated in Canvas. If you would like to put in a short video tutorial to help your students with any topic – from formatting their papers and citations in a writing class to how to use more detailed functions in a technology class – you can do that with just a few clicks of the mouse.
- How to put Hoonuit Tutorials in your Canvas Course [PDF]
- Hoonuit Tutorial: Using the Hoonuit Tool in a Learning Management System
Before you ask, yes, there is an App for that. Find the app at the Apple App Store.
Higher Education Workshops
Check out the list of the various workshops offered through Atomic Learning – it is not just for technology applications!
Assistive Technology Application and Tutorial Directory
See all the various software tools or applications that Atomic Learning features in its videos.