Canvas for Faculty
- Canvas Class Request Form
- Access URL: https://vccs.instructure.com *Note: The CANVAS tile now appears on myRCC!!
- Canvas Community – https://community.canvaslms.com. International community of Canvas users, great for discussions with colleagues, guides, and helpful information. Log In with your VCCS credentials.
- Community Instructor Guides – Generalized guides on how to use Canvas in your class.
- Community Live Webinar Training
- RCC Online Training through Hoonuit
- Click here: https://learnit.hoonuit.com/1007974/learnit?cn=rcc
- You will need to log in with myRCC credentials.
- Fall 2018 – Initial training opportunities, all faculty receive accounts and sandbox course – Completed
- Spring 2019 – RCC to offer pilot courses in Canvas – In Process
Workshops conducted on multiple dates
- Summer 2019 – All SU19 courses based in Canvas
Faculty Workshops @ RCC
|Introduction and General workshop – Warsaw||01/10/2019||Th||1:30 – 3:00 PM||W110||Complete|
|Introduction and Workshop – Warsaw||01/10/2019||Th||5:30 – 7:00 PM||W110||Complete|
|Customization and Calendar – Glenns||1/29/2019||T||12:20 PM||G157||Recorded|
|Customization and Calendar – Warsaw||1/31/2019||Th||12:20 PM||W154||Complete|
|Canvas Roadshow II – both Campuses||3/22/2019||F||W 9 AM -12 PM; G 2-4:30 PM||W154, G150||Complete|
Recorded External Training Sessions
From the VCCS:
- Getting Started with Canvas – Click to Watch the Recording
- 5 Engaging Ways to use Arc videos in your Course – Click to Watch the Recording
- Modules, Pages and Content, Oh My! – Click to Watch the Recording
- Speedgrader / Gradebook / Feedback – Click to Watch the Recording
- Assignment Groups – Click to watch the Recording
- Alright Stop, Communicate, and Listen – Click to Watch the Recording
- Quizzes & Question Banks – Click to Watch the Recording
- Due, Due, what can my Syllabus DO? – Click to Watch the Recording
- Canvas Commons – April 2, 2019 – Recording posted soon
Click on Title to View recording (will open in New Window or Tab) – May need to click recording once to start.
Course Migration from Blackboard
- Rebuild the course in Canvas from scratch (recommended).
- Export the Blackboard course and bring certain elements into Canvas as you build your course (Very workable).
- Migrate the entire course from Blackboard to Canvas (not recommended, compatibility issues).
- Blackboard to Canvas Migration Aid (From TCC) [pdf]
- Bring a single test from Blackboard to Canvas [pdf]
Getting Set up for a New Semester
- Course Copy Request form
- Add a new Announcement
- How to use the Announcements Page
- Put Announcements on your Home Page
Content in Canvas
- Working with your Course Home Page
- Using the new Quizzes.Next tool
- Working with the Gradebook and SpeedGrader
Testing in Canvas
- Importing Question Banks [pdf]
- Quiz Setup and Options [pdf]
- Adding Quiz Questions
- Special Quiz Functions – Regrade and Accommodation [pdf]
- Switching Respondus 4.0 from Blackboard to Canvas [pdf]
- Respondus 4.0 Canvas Reference [pdf]
Video in Canvas
Arc – a built in video tool for instructors and students – Arc Guides
Resource Document – Learning with Video and ARC – Best Practices