CATALOG: Letter from the President
A Welcome from Dr. Elizabeth Hinton Crowther
Welcome. We are happy that you are exploring Rappahannock Community College to help you meet your education and career goals. You will find this college to be an exceptional, life-changing institution with the power to engage and propel you to many extraordinary endeavors.
RCC serves nearly 4,700 students in transfer and applied degrees and certificates, as well as workforce transition programs. The college has expert advisors who are knowledgeable in their areas. RCC has Guaranteed Admission Agreements with 37 universities which allow you to transfer seamlessly into prestigious institutions with junior status.
We make it easy for you. We make it affordable for you. In fact, with its layers of financial aid and scholarship awards, we have made college free for many students. Ask our financial aid office about that; it’s true!
RCC is an award-winning college which prepares students well for the next step. Among its distinctions:
- 2017, number one college-based nursing program in Virginia, RegisteredNursing.org;
- Great College to Work For, Honor Roll Status, The Chronicle of Higher Education;
- Nationally accredited health and industry programs;
- Dual enrollment programs which provide early college credit and completion for eligible high school students;
- Online Educational Resources which make textbooks unnecessary in many classes;
- National recognition for military-friendly services to those who have served our country;
- National recognition for technology use in higher education;
- National, statewide, and regional awards for industry training;
- Freshly renovated and student-welcoming facilities;
- Accessible classes through off-campus sites, web, and hybrid delivery;
- Award-winning faculty members who focus entirely on student learning;
- And more.
We are eager to help you get started, return, or complete. We have something for you here, and we want you. Come live RCC’s affordable, exceptional, and transformational experience.
I look forward to seeing you and hearing of you progress.
Elizabeth Hinton Crowther
Last modified on 07-16-2018