CATALOG: Letter from the President
A welcome from Dr. Shannon L. Kennedy
Congratulations on making an excellent decision to explore Rappahannock Community College! RCC is a community of exceptional staff and faculty that will embrace you as you work to meet your education and career goals.
Whether you are planning to transfer to a four-year institution, gain skills for a better paying job, or earn a credential to help you get a job quickly, RCC has a program for you. The College has advisors and coaches to guide you along the way. We even have Guaranteed Admission Agreements with 37 universities, allowing for seamless transfer with junior status at some of the most prestigious colleges and universities!
Not only do we have a program to fit your needs, we also make it affordable. With financial aid and scholarships, college is free for many students. See what you qualify for by talking with our financial aid office right away. You may be surprised!
RCC is an award-winning college that helps prepares students for a career or for transfer. Among our distinctions:
- Great College to Work For, The Chronicle of Higher Education;
- Nationally accredited health and industry programs;
- Dual enrollment programs which provide early college credit and completion for eligible high school students;
- Open Educational Resources which make textbooks unnecessary in many classes;
- National recognition for military-friendly services to those who have served our country;
- National, statewide, and regional awards for industry training;
- Accessible classes through off-campus sites, web, and hybrid delivery;
- Award-winning faculty members who focus entirely on student learning;
- And more.
Come join the RCC family. We are here to help you whether this is your first college experience or you are returning student. RCC has been shaping futures of the citizens of the Middle Peninsula and Northern Neck for 50 years. We look forward to working with you!
Shannon L. Kennedy
Last modified on 08-26-2019