CATALOG: Associate of Applied Science Degree: Business Management
Length: 4 Semesters
The Business Management program is designed to meet the needs of recent high school graduates as well as experienced employees who want to upgrade or supplement their existing business knowledge and skills, or to acquire new ones.
Students who wish to pursue an education in the area of Business Management have several options from which to choose. The curriculum offerings are designed to enable students to begin with a career studies certificate or certificate in various career-related areas. Students can then apply certificate credits toward an Associate of Applied Science degree in Business Management. (65 credits)
In addition to the admission requirements established for the college, entry into this program requires proficiency in English, mathematics, and reading. Students who do not meet entry requirements, or whose placement test scores indicate a need for further preparation, will be placed in the appropriate developmental studies courses in English, mathematics, and/or reading. These developmental course credits do not apply toward degrees or certificates. Students required to take two or more developmental courses will need additional semesters to complete any program.
The Business Management program follows general graduation requirements as stated in this catalog.
Graduates of the Business Management program at RCC should be able to:
- Identify differences between American and global communication etiquette standards.
- Compose written, verbal and nonverbal communication using appropriate business etiquette standards.
- Apply good human relation skills through personal and first-line supervisory leadership skills to promote effective business outcomes.
- Apply introductory marketing and economic theory to entry-level business scenarios.
- Apply the principles of the accounting cycle to support successful business operations.
- Operate basic office technology and equipment.
- Select appropriate hardware and software tools to support successful business operations.
- In addition, the program provides a well-balanced graduate through exposure to general education knowledge.
Opportunities for Employment
Depending upon the career-related electives chosen, the successful graduate should be eligible for employment in one or more of the following occupations: Accounting, Banking, Administrative Assistant, Management Trainee, Office Supervisor, or Small Business Manager.
Last modified on 08-10-2017