CATALOG: Degrees and Certificates
RCC offers the following degrees or certificates for students who successfully complete approved programs:
- Associate of Arts and Sciences (AA&S) degree is awarded to students majoring in a specialized curriculum, who may transfer to four-year colleges or universities after completing their community college programs.
- Associate of Applied Science (AAS) degree is awarded to students majoring in occupational-technical curricula, who may plan to obtain full-time jobs immediately after graduation from the College.
- Certificate is awarded to students who complete one of the approved non-degree curricula (less than two years in length).
- Career Studies Certificate is awarded to students who complete one of the approved programs of study consisting of between 9 and 29 credit hours. Career Studies Certificates are designed to give specific jobs skills in a short period of time and are not required to include general education courses.
Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree Program
The Associate of Arts and Sciences Transfer Degree Program is designed for students who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university to complete a baccalaureate degree. By selecting appropriate electives, students should be able to complete the lower division requirements for a variety of majors at the baccalaureate level. Specializations included electives that are typically required in a specific program of study. Specializations offer students who know their specific academic interests with certainty, a precise curriculum that matches their academic goals and ensures efficient progress toward their degree.
- Arts and Sciences CIP code: 13.1013
- Business Administration CIP code 24.0101
- Criminal Justice CIP code: 24.0101
- Health-STEM CIP code 24.0101
- Pre-Engineering CIP code 24.0101
- Psychology/Social Work CIP code 24.0101
- Sustainable Science CIP code 24.0101
- Teacher Education (PreK-8) CIP code 24.0101
The Transfer Electives Course List for the Associate of Arts & Sciences Transfer Degree will satisfy the graduation requirement for the Approved Transfer Electives in the Arts and Sciences (AA&S) Transfer degree programs.
Associate of Applied Science Degree Program
The Associate of Applied Science degree is designed to provide specific programmatic coursework that prepares students for the workplace or provides new skills for career advancement. In general, this degree is not transferable to a four-year institution. However, RCC does have specific articulation agreements with some area colleges and universities for some of these programs.
- Administration of Justice CIP code 43.0103
- ADN Nursing CIP code 51.3801
- Business Management CIP code 52.0201
- General Engineering Technology CIP code 15.0000
The Certificate programs are designed to provide specific programmatic coursework that prepares students for the workplace or provides new skills for career advancement. These certificates are not transferable to a four-year institution.
- Accounting CIP code 52.0302
- Administrative Support Technology CIP code 52.0401
- General Education CIP code 24.0102
- Law Enforcement CIP code 43.0103
- Practical Nursing CIP code 51.3901
Career Studies Certificate Program
Career studies program options are developed and implemented as community needs are identified and institutional resources permit. These certificates are not transferable to a four-year institution.
- Autism CIP code 51.1502
- Basic Electronics CIP code 15.0303
- Basic Networking and Cybersecurity CIP code 15.0303
- Computer Applications Specialist CIP code 11.0101
- Computer Aided Drafting CIP code 15.1302
- Culinary Arts CIP code 12.0500
- Culinary Arts – Advanced CIP Code 12.0500
- Diesel Mechanics Technology CIP code 47.0605
- EMT – Emergency Medical Technician CIP code 51.0904
- EMT – Advanced CIP code 51.0904
- EMS – Intermediate CIP code 51.0904
- Game Design and Development CIP code 50.0411
- Introduction to Engineering Technology CIP code 15.0000
- HVAC CIP code 47.0201
- HVAC – Advanced CIP code 47.0201
- Industrial Electricity CIP code 15.0303
- Nurse Aide CIP code 51.3902
- Paramedic CIP code 51.0904
- Phlebotomy CIP code 51.1000
- Pre-Medical Laboratory Technology CIP code 51.1004
- Pre-Nursing CIP code 51.3801
- Pre-Paramedic CIP code 51.0904
- Pre-Practical Nursing CIP code 51.3901
- Web Design CIP code 11.0801
Last modified on 12-07-2017