Free Bay Transit fares for students riding to and from RCC campuses
Bay Transit is a nonprofit community transit service serving:
Charles City, Essex, Gloucester, King & Queen, King William, Lancaster, Mathews, New Kent, Northumberland, Richmond and Westmoreland counties.
How to make arrangements for travel on Bay Transit:
- Call the Bay Transit ride line at 877-869-6046 at least 24 hours before you need a ride. (Tip: Calling even earlier increases the likelihood of accommodating your trip request).
- Identify yourself as an RCC student when making your reservation. If you need transportation to RCC on a recurring basis, Bay Transit can also set you up with a “standing order” to ensure reservations are in place for future travel to and/or from RCC.
- Bay Transit can pick you up from home, work or an RCC campus Mondays through Fridays from 6am until 6pm.
- Be at the designated pick-up point at least five minutes prior to your scheduled departure.
- Show your valid RCC student ID card to the driver as you board the bus.
- Relax and enjoy the free ride on Bay Transit!
- Important: If you need to cancel a ride, please let Bay Transit know as soon as possible. Not canceling your ride in advance may be considered as a “no-show.” Three no-shows or five same day cancellations may result in suspension of riding privileges
The RCC Educational Foundation is subsidizing the free fare program for RCC students.