The College’s values are: Integrity, Diversity and Inclusion, Excellence, Access, Learning for Life:
· Integrity – We expect honesty and model accountability.
· Diversity and Inclusion – We value cultural and individual perspectives in our workplace, classroom, and community.
· Excellence – We maintain high academic standards through student-centered learning, relevant curricula, and holistic support services.
· Access –We provide convenient, affordable, and flexible educational opportunities for all.
· Learning for Life – we educate for today and tomorrow.
The annual IDEAL awards are for employees who exemplify the College’s values of integrity, diversity and inclusion, excellence, access, and learning for life through performance and service and whose exceptional professional accomplishments, contributions, and activities support the mission of the College and the Virginia Community College System, promote a rigorous learning environment (instructional faculty), and demonstrate extraordinary talent.
Eligibility: An award will be presented annually at the spring convocation to employees in each of the following categories:
- Full-time instructional faculty (see teaching faculty reward and recognition)
- Full-time classified staff, administrative, and professional faculty
- Part-time wage employees
- Adjunct faculty
- Dual Enrollment faculty
See more procedures and details for the IDEAL Award here.
Individuals are eligible for the IDEAL award once every three years.