Our Financial Aid team is here to help you make sense of the various programs that can help you pay for your education at Rappahannock Community College. We offer a variety of financial aid programs for students who qualify; this aid is funded through federal and state agencies, local organizations, businesses, individuals, and the college.
There are three basic types of aid:
Each path is different; be sure to consult with a member of the Financial Aid team for more information.
We also support our military veterans, who are returning to school after service to our nation. Sherika Charity is Veterans’ Affairs Officer and she works directly with the incoming veterans.
Our normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8 am to 4:30 p.m. Financial Aid personnel are now available at the Kilmarnock Center on an appointment basis. Call 804-435-8970 to schedule an appointment.
- Wonder how much two years at a community college will cost in Virginia? Check out the Net Price Calculator from the VA Wizard.
Financial Aid Forms
- Child Support Paid Verification [PDF]
- Dependency Status Appeal Form [PDF]
- Dependent Verification Worksheet [PDF]
- High School Completion Status Verification [PDF]
- Identity and Educational Purpose Verification [PDF]
- Identity and Educational Purpose Verification Notary Required [PDF]
- Independent Verification Worksheet [PDF]
- SAP Appeal [PDF]
- Separation Statement-Parent [PDF]
- Separation Statement-Student [PDF]
- SNAP Verification [PDF]
- Statement of Degree Status [PDF]
- Untaxed Income Verification [PDF]
Financial Aid & Scholarship Recipients
You may begin to charge books and/or supplies at the RCC Bookstore from January 6 through January 26. There is no exception to the bookstore charge dates.
- Please be aware not all financial aid students are eligible to use financial aid in the bookstore. If eligible to charge books and supplies to financial aid, you must present to the bookstore a copy of your class schedule, your Student ID number and a pictured ID.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact the Financial Aid Department.
View Financial Aid Award in SIS
To view your Financial Aid Award(s) based on actual enrollment:
- Log in to your myRCC account. You will need your RCC username and password to gain access.
- Click on “VCCS SIS: Student Information Center”.
- Click on “Student Center”.
- Click on the “user preferences” link, located mid-page in the “Finances” section. Click on the “Security” tab and update Institution to “Rappahannock Community College,”set Academic Plan to “Credit,” then click ‘Save.”
- Click on “Student Center,”click on “Apply for payment plan,” then select “Click here to see pending financial aid based on actual enrollment”.
This award offer may change depending on final federal and state funding decisions and your final enrollment. If you are not enrolled as a full-time student (12 credits or more in a semester), your financial aid award will be adjusted according to your actual enrollment. Receipt of award is contingent upon class attendance, compliance with Satisfactory Progress Standards, and availability of funds.
How-To Videos for Financial Aid
Learn all about your Financial Aid options with Financial Aid TV, a free service provided to you by RCC.
IMPORTANT PARENT NOTICE: If you are a parent calling to inquire about specific account information for your son or daughter, please have them on the line with you. If this is not possible, we will be able to speak about general information or processes only. Since educational records are protected from third-party disclosure by federal law, if it becomes necessary to get into account specific details we will be pleased to refer you to a specialist that can determine if information can be released. Referrals are typically responded to within 1 – 3 business days.