The Practical Nursing Program prepares you to take a place as a member of the team in a variety of care facilities.
- Apply online or in person.
- Have your official high school transcripts sent to RCC to see if you can use your high school grades to substitute for a placement test. If you need to take a placement test, Placement tests cost $5 and scores are good for two years. Call a counselor at 804-758-6730 (Glenns Campus) or 804-333-6730 for more information.
- Complete your Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) and add RCC School Code 009160
- Meet with a counselor to review your placement test scores and register for class.
The RCC Testing Center will open for Kaplan Testing on the following dates:
- November – 4th, 5th, 11th, and 12th
- December – 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th
- January – 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21th,27th, and 28th
- February – 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, and 25th
Two seating time slots will be available each day at 8:30am and 1:00pm on both Warsaw and Glenns Campus. Students should call the testing center to make appointments.
Statistics and Contacts
|Program Outcomes/NCLEX-PN Pass Rates|
|NCLEX-PN Pass Rates|
|Students’ Completion of the Nursing Program*|
|*Students’ Completion of the Nursing Program is defined as completing within 3 years from acceptance date|
|Number of Graduates||43|
|Employed within 6 months*||25|
|Unable to find PN job||0|
Do you have questions about our Pre-Practical Nursing Career Studies Certificate program? Fill out the form and we’ll send you more information about the program, and an RCC counselor will be in touch to follow up.
© 2020 Rappahannock Community College | Serving the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula of Virginia since 1970. All opinions expressed by individuals purporting to be a current or former student, faculty, or staff member of this institution, on websites not affiliated with Rappahannock Community College, social media channels, blogs or other online or traditional publications, are solely their opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or values of Rappahannock Community College, the Virginia Community College System, or the State Board for Community Colleges, which do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any such content.