For the most up-to-date information about this program (including all requirements), please refer to our College Catalog.
2017 Application Materials
The Rappahannock Community College Paramedic program has been issued a Letter of Review by the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions (CoAEMSP). This letter is NOT a CAAHEP accreditation status, it is a status signifying that a program seeking initial accreditation has demonstrated sufficient compliance with the accreditation Standards through the Letter of Review Self Study Report (LSSR) and other documentation. Letter of Review is recognized by the National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) for eligibility to take the NREMT’s Paramedic credentialing examination(s). However, it is NOT a guarantee of eventual accreditation.
To contact CAAHEP:
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
25400 U.S. Highway 19 North, Suite 158
Clearwater, FL 33763
To contact CoAEMSP:
8301 Lakeview Parkway, Suite 111-312
Rowlett TX 75088
FAX (214) 703-8992
Will be coming soon.
How to Apply
- Apply online or in person.
- Have your official high school transcripts sent to RCC to see if you can use your high school grades to substitute for a placement test. If you need to take a placement test, Placement tests cost $5 and scores are good for two years. Call a counselor at 804-758-6730 (Glenns Campus) or 804-333-6730 for more information.
- Complete your Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) and add RCC School Code 009160
- Meet with a counselor to review your placement test scores and register for class.
- Get complete payment options at our Tuition and Fees section.
Do you have questions about our Paramedic Career Studies Certificate program? Fill out the form and we’ll send you more information about the program, and an RCC counselor will be in touch to follow up.