For the most up-to-date information about this program (including all requirements), please refer to our College Catalog.
- Information Session for Nursing Application 2021: https://vccs.zoom.us/rec/share/gbgidDsM4kReMpIkqT6-ljT5cAFtiKUEg9aePseoJEAsI8dTcyvdufXNvkPATTP1.gbHOBnY7XbdsjOah?startTime=1609963756000
- Application Package/Policy 2021: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1T6beLCHhw_TsKCudihzrAYJnz6Whoox7/view?usp=sharing
- Q & A Recording: https://vccs.zoom.us/rec/share/qmF2x9ydIg5MPR5pfSevoDTeIqKTaBhnJ4XQn6LubybZUkmV2gJz6S6cZ0WZvMtP.g8uHI2g2yDXd6MRp
- Nursing Application 2021: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Y3oCcH5QR1I3mazNh_X9bkZwQQ76e2Hqa6eUafK64vI/viewform?edit_requested=true
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing is approved by the Virginia Board of Nursing, located at Perimeter Center, 9960 Mayland Drive, Suite 300, Henrico, Virginia 23233-1463.
The Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing is accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN). Contact the ACEN (formerly NLNAC) at 3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850, Atlanta, Georgia 30326.
Pursuant to United States Department of Education (US DOE) regulation 34 CFR 668.43 (a) (5) (v), the Rappahannock Community College Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) program provides the following information for all prospective and current students:
The Rappahannock Community College ADN program meets all Virginia Board of Nursing requirements for pre-licensure nursing education programs in the Commonwealth of Virginia. In addition, the Rappahannock Community College ADN program meets all requirements for nationally recognized accreditation by the Accrediting Commission for Education in Nursing.
The Commonwealth of Virginia participates with 32 other states in the National Council of State Boards of Nursing (NCSBN) National Licensing Compact (NLC) to allow nurses licensed in one state to provide nursing care across state lines in other compact states. The Uniform Licensing Requirements (ULRs) are found here. .
States currently in the NLC are found at: https://www.ncsbn.org/nlcmemberstates.pdf. Prospective and current students are strongly encouraged to evaluate all state requirements in jurisdictions where they intend to practice nursing. A list of all state requirements is found at: https://www.ncsbn.org/14730.htm
Rappahannock Community College has not determined if the ADN program meets all of the requirements of any other states. The preliminary evaluation of state requirements is found in the attached table.
This statement serves to meet the USDOE regulation until further notice.
Statistics and Contacts
|NCLEX-RN Pass Rates|
|Students’ Completion of the Nursing Program*|
|*Students’ Completion of the Nursing Program is defined as completing within 3 years from acceptance date|
|Graduates Obtaining a Job|
|Number of Graduates||43||64||63|
|Employed within 6 months*||43||64||61|
|Unable to find RN job||0||0||0|
|*Part time or full time employment|
The RCC Testing Center will open for Kaplan Testing on the following dates:
November – 11th, and 12th
December – 2nd, 3rd, 9th, and 10th
January – 6th, 7th, 13th, 14th, 20th, 21th,27th, and 28th
February – 3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th, 17th, 18th, 24th, and 25th
Two seating time slots will be available each day at 8:30am and 1:00pm on both Warsaw and Glenns Campus. Students should call the testing center to make appointments.
- Apply online or in person.
- Have your official high school transcripts sent to RCC to see if you can use your high school grades to substitute for a placement test. If you need to take a placement test, Placement tests cost $5 and scores are good for two years. Call a counselor at 804-758-6730 (Glenns Campus) or 804-333-6730 for more information.
- Complete your Federal Application for Federal Student Aid (FASFA) and add RCC School Code 009160
- Meet with a counselor to review your placement test scores and register for class.
Do you have questions about our Associate of Applied Science Degree: Nursing? Fill out the form and we’ll send you more information about the program, and an RCC counselor will be in touch to follow up.
© 2020 Rappahannock Community College | Serving the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula of Virginia since 1970. All opinions expressed by individuals purporting to be a current or former student, faculty, or staff member of this institution, on websites not affiliated with Rappahannock Community College, social media channels, blogs or other online or traditional publications, are solely their opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or values of Rappahannock Community College, the Virginia Community College System, or the State Board for Community Colleges, which do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any such content.