Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (S.O.A.R.)
Your educational journey begins with the New Student Orientation, Advising and Registration (S.O.A.R.) process. This will prepare you for upcoming semesters.
The first steps are:
- Apply to the College
- Set up your username and password, including the required security questions in myRCC
- Study for and take your placement tests.
- Send High School and any previous colleges official transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
Now, it’s time to attend a S.O.A.R. Thursday. Please see schedule below to schedule an appointment. During this appointment you will:
- Learn how to navigate myRCC
- Have your placement test results interpreted
- Receive a recommended set of classes
- Create a spring schedule
- Obtain a Student Id
- Spend time with a Student Ambassador to learn about RCC’s resources and policies
You must make an appointment by calling 804-758-6730 (Glenns) or 804-333-6730 (Warsaw). S.O.A.R Thursdays begin on October 27, 2016 and continue through January 12, 2017. Bring your placement test results.