Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (S.O.A.R.)
Your educational journey begins with the new Student Orientation, Advising, and Registration (S.O.A.R.) process. This will prepare you for upcoming semesters.
The first steps are:
- Apply to the College
- Set up your username and password, including the required security questions in myRCC
- Study for and take your placement tests.
- Send High School and any previous colleges official transcripts to the Office of Admissions and Records.
- Apply for Financial Aid.
Now, it’s time to attend a S.O.A.R. Thursday.
Please see schedule below to schedule an appointment. During this appointment you will:
- Learn how to navigate myRCC
- Have your placement test results interpreted
- Receive a recommended set of classes
- Create a summer schedule
- Obtain a Student ID
- Meet with a Student Ambassador to learn about RCC’s resources and policies
You must make an appointment by calling 804-758-6730 (Glenns) or 804-333-6730 (Warsaw). July 25, August 1, 8, 15, 22.
Thursdays at Glenns and Warsaw at either 11am-1pm or 5pm-7pm
Bring your placement test results.
SOAR Feedback Form
© 2020 Rappahannock Community College | Serving the Northern Neck and Middle Peninsula of Virginia since 1970. All opinions expressed by individuals purporting to be a current or former student, faculty, or staff member of this institution, on websites not affiliated with Rappahannock Community College, social media channels, blogs or other online or traditional publications, are solely their opinions and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or values of Rappahannock Community College, the Virginia Community College System, or the State Board for Community Colleges, which do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for any such content.