RCC Strategic Priorities 2016-2020
Student Success. Improve student access, persistence to completion, transfer rates and success, and preparation for careers.
- Increasing student completion rates: awards, credentials, transfer, and licensure.
- Including international experiences and information in the curriculum and student activities.
- Increasing full time, program-enrolled student participation.
- Improving pathway programs with high schools.
- Improving articulated programs and GAAs with university partners.
- Assuring good student advising for academic programs and careers.
- Reducing financial barriers by minimizing student costs and increasing financial aid sources, funding for books and institutional software.
- Continuing to provide quality instruction in all delivery modes.
- Leveraging quality technology for instruction at RCC.
- Providing active student life opportunities.
- Continuing to improve academic and administrative support services.
Communication. Strengthen communication between all levels, internally and externally.
- Increasing communication opportunities with school-aged youth and their parents.
- Communicating an expectation of high-quality experiences at RCC.
- Improving frequency and reach of communication for internal and external audiences.
- Beginning recruitment at the middle school level with engaging programs.
Curriculum. Cultivate dynamic, high-quality academic and workforce programs.
- Assuring diversity in program length, to include sequential program levels, from career studies certificates through associates degrees.
- Creating more relevant, short duration programs leading to a workplace credential.
- Developing more on the job training, apprenticeship, internship, and cooperative learning opportunities.
- Implementing general education improvements across the curriculum.
- Expanding night and weekend opportunities in specialized, occupational education.
- Integrating interpersonal and life skills into the curriculum.
Faculty and Staff. Utilize high-quality recruitment and retention practices, emphasizing professional development and leadership development for RCC employees.
- Making available more information about the multiple funding opportunities for professional development.
- Continuing to promote diversity in the RCC workplace.
- Improving adjunct recruitment and assimilation in the college community.
College and Student Resources. Utilize college budget effectively to support instruction. Continue to expand Educational Foundation and grant funds to support college needs.
- Assuring student FTE levels support a viable college budget.
- Assuring appropriate resources for faculty and staff recruitment and development.
- Eliminating unnecessary bureaucracy where possible within the organization to gain employee efficiency and effectiveness.
- Pursuing additional private and grant funds to support college instructional needs.
- Assuring that off-campus sites are productive and effective.
- Increasing alumnae/i involvement.
Community. Expand partnerships with and services to the community.
- Expanding outreach to underserved community groups.
- Utilizing partnerships to expand apprenticeship, internship, and cooperative learning experiences.
- Strengthening the off-campus sites.
- Increasing community presence at RCC sites.
Safety, Security, and Preparedness. Assure that the college community practices strong student and employee safety, security, and preparedness measures.
- Promoting a culture of safety and security awareness for employees and students.
- Continuing to promote internal and external environmental sustainability.