The Workforce and Community Development office of Rappahannock Community College is pleased to offer online learning opportunities in the following areas. To learn more about these offering, click on the link of interest.
FEATURED Online Courses:
Medical Terminology Training
According to the U.S. Department of Labor Statistics, health information technicians are one of the ten fastest growing allied health occupations. The program is a self-paced, interactive, learn-at-home process that has been designed by experts with over 35 years of experience in the MT field. Your goal is to complete the course and pass your final exam. Course is available through JER Online: http://www.coursecatalog.com/rccworkforce Search: Field of Study: Medical; Category: Med. Transcription Coding and Billing.
Pharmacy Technician Career Training Program
There are many career options in the pharmacy field. Here are just a few of the opportunities and practice settings available to Pharmacy Technicians: Chain and Independent Retail Pharmacies, or Out-Patient Hospital Pharmacy. Course is available through JER Online: http://www.coursecatalog.com/rccworkforce Search: Field of Study: Medical; Category: Pharmacy Technician Training.
Corporate Continuing Online Workforce Education
JER Online lists over 1000+, cost affordable, non-credit Continuing Workforce Courses and Certificates. We are always adding “more courses…all the time ” to a growing inventory.
Students who enroll in JER Online courses are either individuals, employees of a company, consultants and freelancers or those seeking new career choices. Start anytime or on a fixed time schedule and access your course anytime from anywhere for fast completion. JER Online offers discounted pricing for employee group enrollments. As an extra added value and bonus, students will have 1 year access to their online courses, post course completion (applies to self-directed corporate developed courses only). Enroll today at: http://www.coursecatalog.com/rccworkforce
Our instructor-facilitated online courses are informative, fun, convenient, and highly interactive. All courses run for six weeks (with a two-week grace period at the end). Courses are project-oriented and include lessons, quizzes, hands-on assignments, discussion areas, supplementary links, and more. You can complete any of these courses entirely from your home or office and at any time of the day or night.
How to Get Started (in three easy steps):
- Visit our Online Instruction Center at: http://www.ed2go.com/rccwcd.
- Click the Orientation link and follow the instructions to enroll and pay for your course. During orientation, you will learn important information about your course. You will also be provided an opportunity to choose the name and password you will use to access your course. This step is critical! You cannot access your course until you complete orientation.
- When your course starts, return to our Online Instruction Center and click the Classroom link. To begin your studies, simply log in with the name and password you provided during orientation.
Click HERE for specific information about Career Training Programs.
Command Spanish® e-Training
Do you interact on a regular basis with a Hispanic speaking population? Are you required to give directions, seek answers to questions, or gather useful information? If so, a Command Spanish® course is the answer. Rappahannock Community College offers courses at a site of your choice or can provide the same courses online.
Command Spanish® online courses are efficient, reliable, and effective. Each course features:
- Work-Specific Language Training
- Generic and Phonetic Spanish
- Self-Paced and Cost-Effective Instruction
The following courses are now available online:
- Spanish for Financial Institutions
- Spanish for Law Enforcement Officers
- Spanish for Construction Supervisors
- Spanish for the Community
- Spanish for Pharmacy Personnel
- Spanish for the Workplace
- Spanish for Hospital Nurses
- Spanish for Physicians
- Spanish for Real Estate Sales
- Spanish for School Teachers
Click on the icon above for MORE information.