SoftChalk @ RCC- Getting Started
Now at RCC we can offer an enhanced tool for creating interactive content in your courses! For the 2013-2014 academic year we can offer a limited pilot of SoftChalk CLOUD, the world’s first learning object repository and content authoring platform for educators.
We have a total of 10 licenses for this year. To receive one, please contact the Technology & Distance Learning office at 804.333.6786. You can also email Tim Hoffman or Kristy Walker. For the pilot year, we DO ask that faculty be willing to act as Peer Mentors and share their accomplishments and lessons learned with other faculty interested in using this product.
Once we help you set up your account, you can Sign in to SoftChalk CLOUD with the username and password you select.
SoftChalk has a showcase for examples of lessons that have been created with SoftChalk. Click the “View Lesson” link beside one that interests you to see the lesson as it would appear to students
You can access additional resources from the Help Menu in SoftChalk Cloud Create or from the SoftChalk Support Center at http://support.softchalk.com.
- SoftChalk Cloud User Guide
- SoftChalk Create and SoftChalk 7 User Guide
- Frequently Asked Questions
- System Alerts
- Short Courses – These one-hour webinars include a presentation and examples, as well as an opportunity for you to ask questions and receive assistance from the instructor. Register from the Help menu in SoftChalk Cloud Create or from the Short Course registration page at http://softchalk.com/learn-more/short-courses
- Video Tutorials – These step-by-step tutorials are focused so you can pick and choose just the ones you need to get your eLearning content online quickly. Tutorials are available at http://softchalk.com/learn-more/video-tutorials.
- Lesson Tutorials – There’s no better way to learn how to use SoftChalk than by taking these online lessons created with SoftChalk. Tutorials are available at http://softchalk.com/learn-more/lesson-tutorials.
- Introductory Webinars: Come see how to start creating materials in SoftChalk, and all that you can do with it. Check out their live webinar calendar: https://softchalk.com/learn-more/webinars/intro-webinars
- Innovators in Online Learning: Learn more about how fellow educators are using SoftChalk in new and innovative ways. Here is the schedule of webinars: https://softchalk.com/learn-more/webinars/innovators
- Please note, not only are these webinars offered live – they also archive these for later viewing for those who were not able to attend the original event. Just click on any of the schedule links above to see the archived sessions as well as the upcoming live sessions.