On Ramp Program at RCC
On-Ramp funds may be used to provide financial assistance to students taking occupational noncredit courses, sequence of courses, or assessments that can lead to an industry certification, a state licensure or other portable workforce credential as defined by Achieve 2015. Awards shall be made on a first-come, first-served basis or on another basis that is documented by the college. In order to participate in On-Ramp, individuals must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Be age 18 or older.
- Be degree or certificate seeking.
- Be unemployed/dislocated as a result of a layoff.
- Be dislocated and underemployed (must be documented)
- Demonstrate financial need in the federal need analysis formula.
- Workers looking for full-time work but employed in part-time or temporary jobs, and workers who are employed in jobs with wages below their training level or without benefits.
- Meet all federal eligibility criteria including Citizenship, Selective Service, and Satisfactory Academic Progress
- Not already receiving a source of funding only applicable to tuition, fees, and books that is not fully covering those expenses (i.e. all state programs).