- July 2014
- June 2014
- May 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- January 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- September 2010
- August 2010
- July 2010
- June 2010
F. Scott Fitzgerald Short Story Contest
Entries are invited for the 16th annual F. Scott Fitzgerald Short Story Contest.
Rules for Entries
- Residents of Maryland, Virginia, and Washington, D.C., are eligible.
- There are no restrictions on subject matter.
- Entries must be typed, 10-point or 12-point sized font, double spaced, no more than 26 lines per page, one-inch margins and numbered pages.
- All stories must be less than 3,000 words and unpublished.
- Staple or paper clip story in the upper left-hand corner.
- Writer’s name should not appear on the first page. Place a title on the first page.
- All entries must include a cover sheet that includes writer’s name, address and telephone number. The writer’s name should NOT appear on subsequent pages of the story.
- The cover sheets shall be removed upon receipt at Rockville City Hall, and each entry will be assigned a number before being sent to
- the judges. All entries will be judged.
- All entries MUST follow the format above.
- Entries will not be returned.
- First prize is $1,000 plus an invitation to speak briefly about the story at the sixteenth annual F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference award ceremony in October 2011 at Montgomery College in
- Rockville, Maryland. The winning entry will be printed in the 2011 conference program and published in the Potomac Review.
- Three runner-up prizes of $200 each will be awarded at the conference.
- Entries must be postmarked no later than Friday, July 15.
- The entry fee is $25 per entry. Make the check payable to: F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference, Inc. (This entry fee is waived if you are a FSF member.)
- Entries and check should be sent to: F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference Contest, c/o Rockville City Hall, 111 Maryland Avenue, Rockville, MD 20850.
- Only winners will be notified the week of September 12.
For more information, call 301-309-9461.
“You don’t write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say.”
- F. Scott Fitzgerald
F. Scott Fitzgerald Literary Conference, Inc.
City of Rockville • Montgomery College • Gazette Newspapers •
Arts & Humanities Council of Montgomery County • Rockville Cultural Arts Commission •
Peerless Rockville Historic Preservation, Ltd. • F. Scott Fitzgerald Society