Ready for Online Learning
Announcing our ROLL Course…..
Ready for Online Learning?
Online learning provides our students with convenient and flexible opportunities to complete course requirements. The faculty, staff, and administrator at Rappahannock Community College (RCC) want to provide our new online learners with every opportunity to succeed. With that goal in mind, the Distance Learning Office has developed a self-paced course to provide our students with a hands-on-introduction to a set of “student-readiness skills” we feel are important to their success.
The Blackboard course (ROLL) includes:
- Introduction to the Blackboard course management system
- VCCS student e-mail system
- Various resources available through our Learning Resource Centers (libraries)
If you have registered for your first online course at RCC and if you plan to take your first online or hybrid course at RCC in the near future, we encourage you to enroll in this free, self-paced course.
Three Easy Steps to Self-Enroll in the RCC ROLL Course:
- Login to the myRCC portal.
- Click the Blackboard link in the “My Tools” list to open Blackboard.
- Copy-and-paste the link below into your Web browser’s address bar. You must first be logged into Blackboard.
After copying and pasting the link into your browser from Blackboard, you will see the image below:
Once you click “OK”, you will have access to navigate through the RCC ROLL course. We recommend you read the Welcome announcement and then click the “Start Here” link to view our orientation to the course material.