After you have completed all of the previous steps, the next big event is to attend the New Student Welcome Sessions. Each semester new students are encouraged to attend the New Student Welcome Session. Sessions are held on both campuses.
Students will be able to:
- learn how to be a successful student
- take a tour of the campus
- learn about different programs that RCC offers
- meet faculty
- learn about technology and academic support services
- sign up for student activities
- attend a picnic hosted by RCC Faculty and Staff
For questions about the New Student Welcome sessions, please contact the Student Development Office.
Distance Learning Orientation for first-time online students is held each semester on each campus prior to the first day of the semester. For more information please visit the Distance Learning Orientation site.
During the orientation sessions, make sure to:
- learn to use blackboard, gmail, and myRCC
- get your Student ID card in the Student Success Labs
- purchase your books (make sure you have your course schedule and photo ID before entering the bookstore)
- get your parking decal
After attending the orientation sessions, make sure you are prepared for the first day of class. Please review your class schedule to find course information.
For questions about the Distance Learning Orientation sessions, please contact Kristy Walker at 804-333-6786 or email@example.com.
For dates and times for the New Student Welcome Sessions and the Distance Learning Orientation check the online calendar on the class schedule webpage for the semester in which you will begin classes.